Sumisansui Irrigation System in Nigeria (Rain Hose Irrigation System)
The Sumisansui irrigation system is a type of irrigation system that uses rain hoses or spray tubes to spray droplets of water to plants. The Sumisansui irrigation system works like sprinklers as it sprinkles water to plants and the soil surface.
The Sumisansui hoses ensure uniform discharge of water to plants for long distances. This type of irrigation system works with low pressure unlike most sprinklers. Sumisansui hoses can work with as low as 0.8 bar water pressure.
The Sumisansui hose is made of polythene with perforations. The perforations or holes on the Sumisansui hose serves as the emitters for spraying of water droplets. The polythene material is usually UV resistant.
The Sumisansui irrigation system comes in hoses of 100 metres, 50 metres and 200 metres etc. The Sumisansui irrigation system is usually used for nurseries, oil palm farming, rubber plantation and general crop cultivation.
Characteristics of Sumisansui Irrigation System
The following are the characteristics of a Sumisansui irrigation system:
- The Sumisansui irrigation system is made of polythene material.
- The Sumisansui irrigation system is a type of rain hose or spray tube irrigation system.
- The Sumisansui rain hoses come in rolls of 50 metres, 100 metres and 200 metres.
- It is a type of sprinkler irrigation system.
- It can work with a water pressure of 0.8 – 1 bar.
- It can be used for the germination of seeds and irrigation of crops.
Sumisansui Irrigation System for Oil Palm and Rubber Plantation
The Sumisansui irrigation system has been the industry standard for providing irrigation to oil palm and rubber nurseries.
Other types of irrigation systems have their limitations when it comes to the irrigation of oil palm and rubber seedlings.
The Sumisansui irrigation system works with a low water pressure and ensures the uniform spraying of water to plants. This is one of the main reasons why it is the most appropriate type of irrigation system for oil palm farming and rubber farming.
In the oil palm and rubber belt of Nigeria, the Sumisansui irrigation system can be successfully used for irrigating oil palm and rubber seedlings and trees.
We have supplied and installed Sumisansui irrigation system in oil palm and rubber plantations in Nigeria.
Benefits of Using a Sumisansui Irrigation System
The following are the benefits of using a Sumisansui irrigation system:
- The Sumisansui irrigation system works with a low water pressure which means that the water pumping requirement is not that onerous.
- The Sumisansui irrigation system sprays uniform droplets of water to crops. This ensures uniform growth.
- The Sumisansui irrigation system is relatively cheaper than other types of irrigation systems.
- The Sumisansui irrigation system can easily be removed and re-installed as at when needed.
- The Sumisansui hoses ensure uniform germination of seeds. It is also one of the best types of irrigation systems that can be used for seedlings nurseries.
- The use of the Sumisansui irrigation system can ensure all year round growing of crops.
- The use of the Sumisansui irrigation system can reduce the need of labour thereby reducing labour cost on farms.
- Fertigation and Chemigation can be done with the use of Sumisansui irrigation system.
- The Sumisansui prevents the hardening of the soil or soil compaction. It also improves the aeration in the soil.
How to Set Up a Sumisansui Irrigation System
You need to do a design or an irrigation layout before the Sumisansui spray tube irrigation system is set up. We can help to design an irrigation layout for your Sumisansui irrigation project.
The Sumisansui hoses should be laid along the rows of plants or crops. The Sumisansui hoses should also be connected to the main line or the submain hoses with connectors.
The submains or main hose should be connected to the water pump. The water pump pumps water from the source of water to the submains and the Sumisansui hoses. Once the Sumisansui hoses are pressurized, they will spray droplets of water to plants.
We can help you to set up or install your Sumisansui irrigation system.
Crops suitable for Sumisansui Irrigation System
The following are the crops that are suited for Sumisansui irrigation system:
- Oil Palm
- Cassava etc.
What to look out for when buying a Sumisansui Irrigation System in Nigeria
The following are the things to look out for when buying a Sumisansui irrigation system in Nigeria:
The Price of the Sumisansui System
The price of the Sumisansui hoses is a factor to look out for when buying a Sumisansui irrigation system.
You should never buy a Sumisansui system because it appears too cheap. You may be buying a low quality system that will not last long.
The price of a Sumisansui hose in Nigeria varies from N10,000 – N25,000 depending on the quality.
The Quality of the Sumisansui irrigation System
An expert like us to guide you on choosing the best quality Sumisansui hoses. A lot of the ridiculously cheap Sumisansui systems are of poor quality.
Specification of the Sumisansui Hose
There are various types of Sumisansui hoses. Some of the Sumisansui hoses have3 holes, some have 4 holes and some others have 5 holes.
The spacing of the holes can also be different. You should be sure of the exact specification of Sumisansui irrigation system you want.
Components of a Sumisansui Irrigation System in Nigeria
The following are the components of a Sumisansui irrigation system:
- Sumisansui Tubes
- End Plugs or Clips
- Tube Connectors
- Valves etc
FAQ on Sumisansui Irrigation System
Question: Can I use Sumisansui system for all crops in Nigeria?
Answer: Yes, the Sumisansui system can be used to irrigate all crops. However, it is popular for the irrigation of oil palm and rubber seedlings and trees.
Question: Can I install a Sumisansui irrigation system myself?
Answer: If you have technical skills in irrigation system installation, you may be able to install the Sumisansui irrigation system yourself. You can also contact us to install the Sumisansui irrigation system for you.
Question: How much is the Sumisansui irrigation system?
Answer: The price of a Sumisansui tube varies from ₦10,000 to ₦25,000.
Question: Is the Sumisansui irrigation system similar to the drip irrigation system?
Answer: These two irrigation systems have some similarities. However, the drip irrigation system supplies water to the root zone of plants while the Sumisansui irrigation system sprays water to the plants.
Do you need to buy a Sumisansui irrigation system in Nigeria? If yes, kindly contact us on 08025141924.