100 Metre Rain Gun
The 100 metre rain gun is a type of run gun irrigation system rated by its 100 metres spray radius. The 100 metre rain gun can spray droplets of water within a radius of 100 metres.
The 100 metre rain gun is a common type of rain gun in Nigeria. You are likely to get this type of rain gun to buy in stores in Nigeria.
Characteristics of a 100 Metre Rain Gun
The following are the characteristics of a 100 meter rain gun:
- It usually has an inlet pipe size diameter of 80mm
- It is manufactured with alloy, brass or metal.
- It can throw water to a distance as far as 100 metres
- It is usually sold with the tripod and the connector.
Advantages of using a 100 Meter Rain Gun
The following are the advantages of using 100 metre rain guns:
- The 100 meter rain gun can enable a farmer to grow its crops all year round as it provides irrigation to plants.
- The 100 meter rain gun can be used to apply pesticides and foliar fertilizers to crops.
- The 100 metre rain gun can enhance the availability of nitrogen in the air to plants. This can increase the crop yield.
- It can work on all types of fields.
- The 100 metre rain gun can also work for almost all types of crops.
Disadvantages of using a 100 metre rain gun
The following are the disadvantages of using a 100 metre rain gun:
- It is costlier than smaller rain guns. However the increase in crop yield can offset the relatively higher purchase price.
Factors to consider before buying 100 metre rain guns in Nigeria
The following are the factors to consider before buying 100 metre rain guns in Nigeria:
- The quality of the rain gun
- The price of the 100 metre rain gun
- The expertise of the 100 metre rain gun vendor
- Location of purchase
- Availability of water on your farm
- The type of water pump to use
Should you need to buy a 100 meter rain gun, kindly contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read our latest article on rain gun cost per acre.